Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in relationship/family counseling
65143460

So, would you suggest that i approach him first next time i

So, would you suggest that i approach him first next time i see him? Since, he doesn't say anything when we see each other, he just always looks at me. Should i break the ice and make things less awkward and weird by going up to him next time i see him and talk to him?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 2 years ago.
Hi again!

Do you like him? Are you interested in pursuing a relationship with him? Or are you just curious to know if he likes you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I like him and i'm interested in wanting to pursue a relationship with him. And i want to know if he likes me and has the same feelings i do? Even though we stopped talking back in 2010, because of an altercation we had, and ever since then we haven't talked since. And we still don't talk to this day, but when we see each other every now and then he just happens to always look at me or in my direction, but not say anything. So, i feel like i'm getting mixed signals, because if he told me back in 2010 that he didn't like me like that, then why is he continually looking at me whenever we're in the same place and he happens to see me? I'm so confused on how he's feeling!!!!!!!!!
Well, I think that if he's sending you mixed signals and he keeps looking at you, it seems that he wants to talk to you but isn't sure how to break the ice - or maybe he feels weird about the altercation you had a few year ago and thinks that you might not be receptive to him - I can't tell for sure but it seems like he might want to open up the lines of communication. And like I said before - maybe he's just shy - lots of guys are, and they feel pressured because they think they have to always make the first move. So if you're feeling bold - why not take matters into your own hands? What do you have to lose, really? If he's not interested (and he's just looking at your for some other, unknown reason - which would seem weird to me, to be honest) then he'll tell you, and then you can move on. But if you're both stuck in this holding pattern and no one makes a move, then you'll never know! It takes a lot of guts to make the first move, sure, but then at least you'll know - and maybe he'll be relieved that you took the first step :)
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience: Specializing in relationship/family counseling