psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I have been dating a woman for about 7 months. During that

I have been dating a woman for about 7 months. During that time she was always on the fence about getting too involved but liked my company in doing things together. Only until the last month did I see a change whereby she kissed me more passionately. Finally the week of valenties we had sex but it was quick (my fault) and we both weren't feeling well. She couldn't stay overnight and rushed home. She won't talk about our first sexual experience and has been standoffish since then. Are things over for us? What should I do? I'm feeling kind of rejected and really like this woman.

If you like her then try to be patient and not assume the worst. There could be many reasons for her being standoffish. She may be going through something that has nothing to do with you or maybe she is adjusting to the change in intensity from before sex to after. You can't read her mind so you have to find out from her what the problem is. Be honest but not accusing by telling her that you are feeling that she is more distant and want to know why. A relationship is based on honesty. If you can't be honest about this then chances are the relationship can't move to the next level. Ask her where the relationship can go from her perspective. If she is in communication with you chances are it isn't over. Think about what you would like to say and contact her about your concerns. Don't panic but present your concerns honest and direct. You may be surprised

Please press accept