psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Ok so I met this guy online and have been talking to him for

Customer Question

Ok so I met this guy online and have been talking to him for a few months via email and now text. We have a lot in common and see eye to eye on lots of things. Unfortunately we are both really busy and I made the choice to tell him that it may not be a goo idea to meet since we don't have time, maybe in a few months when things slow down...he agreed that it would be very hard and also shares my concerns about time. We previously decided that we would keep things casual if we did meet. So here is my concern how can I tell if he is going to want to still meet in a few months other than waiting around to see? Have I possibly ruined chances by voicing my concern for wanting to postpone even longer?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like you need to redefine your relationship. If you both consider this a budding romance than it is a lot to expect to postponing your meeting. A relationship cannot survive without maintaining a minimal amount of time and attention. It needs to be nourished and eventually he will get tired of waiting. However you can be friends and have lots in common without giving it another label. Then you can pace your expectations and there is no boundary of expectation for what should or shouldn't happen. I think if you allow this relationship to be just light and friendly then he won't mind acknowledging the pace of both of your lives. It is okay to have a relationship with no expectations of romance. That way you have the enjoyment of his company and communication without worrying about whether you have time for a serious relationship. If your expectations are reasonable then his should be too. I would avoid talk about sex and relationships and serious commitments and then just see how it goes. Try to tell him your concerns and he may be having the same concerns as you are. Don't worry about disappointing him; be honest

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated

psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This isn't really answering what I asked....
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!