Dr-A-Green, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

Hello, my last correspondence was on 3/4/2011 regarding my

Hello, my last correspondence was on 3/4/2011 regarding my relationship to my wife. Since then we have seperated, agreed mutually as counselling had broken down and she would not leave our home despite admitting to an affair. It was so difficult to live there and watch her breakdown so i moved out so we could have some space. She cried one night a week before i moved and when i went to hug her she told me she didnt love me anymore. At that point i felt it best we spend time apart. Since then she hasnt contacted me despite attempts on my part to talk about our future. After she left a message on facebook saying that the marriage was over,she then closed her account n changed her number. I asked to meet to discuss financial and domestic arrangements, as i was paying for furniture in the house and other obligations. She got a solicitor and prefers only to correspond through them, which i am reluctant to do. I have ended up paying for another place n continue to pay my obligations at home, though she doesnt contribute to this joint responsibility. I find myself living away from the home i bought and have no accessed it out of respect for her space? and a little timidness on my part, though i am annoyed she has all our property and i have no say in it though i paid for it. Have i the right to go to my home again? Id like my home back again but its complicated as when things were good, i put her name on the deeds. She says the marriage is over, Can u advice me as to a fair and compassionate plan of action? I live in the united kingdom.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr-A-Green replied 4 years ago.

If the house is in her name, you will likely need to contact a solicitor to find out what your rights are. While I very much admire your willingness to proceed in a manner that wouldn't require counsel, I don't believe it's in your best interests.