Ask Ashley
Ask Ashley, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Having built my reputation in this area of expertise, I have conducted workshops on relationships. Let's discuss your issues.
64518614

I am 46 separated female who has been seeing a 46 year old

I am 46 separated female who has been seeing a 46 year old divorced male. He - Fred - has several children and a number of grandchildren whenever there is something happening with his family he totally ignores me. At the moment he has 2 new grandchildren, he's is helping looking after the baby because the parents are having relationship problems and the baby is a little difficult. Plus one of his daughter's has moved in with Fred and her 2 girls while her flat is renovated. I have not seen him for almost 4 weeks and only get the occasional text. I myself have MS and have just learnt that I may have a very bad prognosis. I sent Fred a text saying I had bad news from the doctor but he didn't even reply. I do really like this guy but am feeling neglected. Should I let him go? I just don't know what to do....Thank you

Ask Ashley :

Hi, thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

Customer:

Thank you

Ask Ashley :

First, I would like to say I am sorry that you are experiencing such a stressful situation in your relationship.

Ask Ashley :

The best advice I can give you is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Customer:

Thank you again, it has been hard

Ask Ashley :

This man you are seeing is not being there for you.

Ask Ashley :

Regardless of the circumstances, you are in this relationship because he should *complement* your life.

Ask Ashley :

Instead, he has been a problem in it.

Ask Ashley :

What I would do is decide to take two weeks for myself, that is, two weeks of no contacting this man.

Ask Ashley :

Be in your own world, and rely on the support of your friends and family.

Ask Ashley :

Before you do this, however, I would send a message simply telling him that you are taking this time to yourself.

Ask Ashley :

He should respect this and not contact you in this time.

Ask Ashley :

At the end of the two weeks, you can reevaluate the relationship with a clearer mind and a stronger heart.

Ask Ashley :

You may realize that your life is indeed better without this neglectful person.

Ask Ashley :

Do you have any questions for me?

Customer:

I will find it hard not to contact him but i suppose that is only natural.

Ask Ashley :

Yes, I had my own partner leave for the weekend.

Ask Ashley :

It was difficult the first day, but after that, I grew stronger.

Ask Ashley :

I reevaluated where things were going, and I think much more practically. I feel better for it.

Ask Ashley :

I do hope I have helped you today. If so, please kindly click Accept. I urge you to take care, because you deserve the best <3

Customer:

Thank you for your time

Ask Ashley :

Thank you. Good luck!