JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Counselor
Experience:  I am a licensed Mental Health Counselor who does individual, group, relationships, family and pastoral counseling
11914957

Hi thanks for your help. Your answer helped me as it allowed

Hi thanks for your help. Your answer helped me as it allowed me to consider that alcohol was a big factor in what happened. My boyfriend and I are still living together and generally very much in love, however the thought of the incident still upsets me at times. I guess it ended the fairy tale! I do see a future with my boyfriend, do you have any tips to help me put what happened behind me? Cheers, Lianne.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 5 years ago.

JaRee1993 :

Good morning Lianne, I am glad that the answer helped you. The thought will upset you for awhile, however, when this thought comes, I would like for you to change those thoughts to all the good things in the relationship and eventually the thoughts will fade and the pain will go away. If the two of you stay together there will be times for awhile the thoughts will return (during an argument etc) but those times will become less and less as the two of you work building a strong, healthy relationship. Explain to your boyfriend that he will need to be patient with you during those times and slowly but surly the memory will fade. One last thing is to put a plan in place to prevent this kind of thing happening again. Love one another and safeguard the relationship. If you need to talk with me again you can go to my profile and ask your question, or, just address the question to Ja`Ree. It might also help to find someone you truly trust to talk with who can help you work through it if the thoughts and feelings become too strong.

Please let me know if I can assist you further in this. If this answer has helped you then please press the Accept button at the bottom of the page so that I can be paid by Just Answer. Also, please fill out the feedback form so that I can know how to better serve our customers. Again, thank you for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree