Ask Ashley
Ask Ashley, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Having built my reputation in this area of expertise, I have conducted workshops on relationships. Let's discuss your issues.

My fiance and mother of our two children goes out atleast 3

My fiance and mother of our two children goes out atleast 3 times a week with her two male friends. She is always texting them and talking on the phone with them, getting drunk with them. Chores around the house do not get done, and I fell I am just the babysitter wathing our children. I work full time, go to school full time, do chores and house repairs. I feel she rather go out with her friends then stay at home with me and our children. Do I tell her to cut back or i will leave?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ask Ashley replied 4 years ago.

Ask Ashley :

I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult situation. While each case is unique, I think I can relate to what you are going through in a rather interesting way. This unfortunately reminds me of when I neglected my own relationship, choosing to go out and have fun rather than being there for my significant other. From that experience, I would advise that if your fiance will not do her part, it is indeed time to walk away from that unhealthy relationship.

Good luck, and please do not hesitate to e-mail me [email protected] I'd be interested to know how things work out for you. Take care.

Thank you. One quick question. Do you think I should tell her that I am going to walk away? Or is it too late?

Ask Ashley :

Hi, if I were in your shoes, what I would do is indeed walk away if she does not make the more-than-happy effort to contribute how she should. However, I would ask her where she is coming from, why she isn't being responsible. I would explain to her that if she was in the situation where you are right now, how she could stay in such a compromising position, because she is not paying you respect with her behavior. For example, when I make a mistake in a relationship, and the error is pointed out to me, I do what I can to see eye-to-eye with the person and understand how what I did was deemed offensive. I then make sure that I give every effort not to make the same mistake again.

I do hope I have helped. If so, please kindly Accept my answer. Thanks!

You have, thank you