Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Providing the Utmost Care and Support
64783947

I am having several issues with my husband and I am not sure

Customer Question

I am having several issues with my husband and I am not sure what to do.. this morning we ended up in a physical altercation. The whole thing stemed from me asking him why he didn't put his clothes away from me doing the laundry. They were strung over the couch and we currently live at my motherks house and she was expecting people. I then proceeded to ask him why he leaves his dirty clothes in the bathroom instead of just putting them in the hamper as the laundry room is directly adjacent from our bedroom. He told me he doesn't have time or rather when does he have time considering he is "the only one who leaves the house for work". I ended up pushing him on the shoulder and he wrestled me to the ground and pinned me and then tried to kiss me... I bawled uncontrollably and then my mother asked me what was wrong, he told her he pushed me and i went outside to smoke a ciggarette. He passed me on his way to his car to leave and told me he was playing and that he was sorry , but that I talk at him not to him and all i do is bitch and nag. There are several other issues that i have to talk about that indirectly relate to the whole situation. I am just at a loss because he will be home soon and I can't just let this go and he thinks everything is fine anyway.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lets see. Yes, we live with her for financial reasons and this a huge issue, because 4 years ago when we met he told me that he wanted me to keep control of the finaces and as I do he accuses me of "controlling him" and "trying to be his mother". My husband was 34 years old the first time he m.oved away from his mom and that was when I met him and we moved into an apartment together. She had always done his laundry and cooked for him and put his clothes away for him and granted I currently don't work, but I have so many other things I have going on that I need to do on a daily basis... Theres just so much to it i need to divulge in order for you to be able to REALLY help me... Also we will do therapy, but are waiting on his benefits to come in on March 6th.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Understood but what is it possible for me to do? I cannot talk to him about this tonight because its his weekend with his son and that means his son is number one priority. We have onloy been married since October and my husband puts his son and his mother ahead of me. Its almost as if everything my husbands mother says is the word from the bible and everything I say is nagging or bitching. I need to know how to get my point across and stop being the one that is beaten down.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay i understand your response, i guess i just need to know what to do. When he comes home today I am not gonna be happy or receptive and then he will ask me whats wrong and I will again tell him nothing and then he will tell me to just tell him and then against my better judgement I will and then he will listen and tell me something he doesnt like that I do. Or will tell me that I am just trying to keep him from going to see his son and that I am just jealous of his mom and his son. It always come down to that. When I talk to him methodically he accuses me of thinking I'm better than everybody because I was homeschooled or better yet just says whatever or yeah you are right I am always wrong just to get under my skin. I am just extremely hurt and don't know how to move forward much less discuss this when I can already calculate his every word.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!