TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

My boyfriend and I split up about a month ago because of his

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I split up about a month ago because of his jealousy. Will he try come back or is the relationship over?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.
Hello, thank for joining me. Please forgive any typos as I get very immersed in my work with you and sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers. It is hard to make that prediction as I am sure there is a lot going on around this jealousy. It was unclear to me in your question who initiated the break-up and who was the one dealing with feelings of jealousy. If you have ended the relationship over his jealousy, and are hoping that the distance will make him behave differently, I do not see that as a realistic outcome. If you want him back then my suggestion is to plan an afternoon together where you could spend some time reassuring him of your feelings while letting him know how the jealousy has interfered with the relationship and other feelings it has brought up. In addition you can spend some time together with a counselor to work through this space so that you can arrive at the spot you would like.