Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience:  Providing the Utmost Care and Support

I have been separated with my girlfriend fo app. 2 months.

I have been separated with my girlfriend for app. 2 months. We finally talked two days ago. She doesn't seem to be in the mood to have this relationship recovered. Should I keep trying or leave her alone for a while? I have been the one who always comes back and tries to fix things. She is beautiful and I am much older. She is 43 and I am 60. I have been chasing her and try to be always nice to her but it doesn't work. What do you think my approach should be? She has been during our separation out with other men friends clubbing and I suffer. She claims that thee has been no intimacy whatsoever, I don;t believe it.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thank for joining me. Please forgive any typos as I get very immersed in my work with you and sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers. As difficult as this may sound to hear, she does seem pretty clear that she wants to remain out of the relationship. I know that causes some pain and as yu say you suffer when you know she is out clubbing or with other friends. I would suggest trying to take astep back from things and putting some space between both of you. As you have also said you have chased her before and it doesn't help, so my goal is for you to see how this chasing and her lack of response is furthering your hurt and pain. I know you care for her, but this space for you can be a good one. It will allow you the time to heal and also allow you the time to go out and enjoy life and see what comes up for you. Break-ups are hard and i understand all that you are going through. If sitting with a therapist or life coach for a bit could help you through that space then that is a wonderful option as well. Please be well and take care of you and your feelings. Let me know how else I can be of support. CoachJenK.
Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience: Providing the Utmost Care and Support