etoddlpc, Counselor
Experience:  Marriage counseling, communication

Is my ex ever going to try to get ahold of me again? He called

Customer Question

Is my ex ever going to try to get ahold of me again? He called after quite a few months as I changed my numbers and he didn,t have them. He somehow got one of them and called.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  etoddlpc replied 4 years ago.

Its hard to say if he will contact you again or not. Its likely that after a certain amount of time goes by, the person moves on, invests in other things/people, etc. If you guys had mutual contacts, he may have very well found your new information through that. With the internet it is very hard to have a lot of privacy these days.

HOwever, I would suggest that if he contacts you again, to simply tell him not to contact you again. Sometimes people are receptive to this in that many people like "the chase".

etoddlpc, Counselor
Experience: Marriage counseling, communication
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm Alicia. Thanks for asking your question. I'm happy to help you today!

It is indeed difficult to maintain privacy nowadays. If he managed to look you up, then he obviously had the intention of contacting you again, especially since he didn't have your new phone number. It could indicate that he might be looking to re-establish contact, but it's hard to tell what's in the mind of another person for sure. Based on the information you provided, I'm not sure if you are actually looking to re-engage in the relationship again or if you spoke to him when he tried to contact you.

If you have any further questions about these issues, let me know!