psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

i went out with a girl last year on two dates. she liked me,

i went out with a girl last year on two dates. she liked me, but ended up going back to her byfriend of 10 months. They eventually broke up later. Then almost a year she contacts me. she texts me all the time. We got together about two 2 weeks ago. everything went well. She texts me the next day sayshe wishes we would of had more time to talk. I sent here a text the other day saying lets get together at a nice cafe for some interesting conversation, She said:Yeah lets do it "After wednesday or thursday though. So i asked for Friday. I called her the next day to confirm. She tells me "sorry, but i have to ding that day. I tell her "oh well some other time. She says ok, then says "your not coming out tonight? I tell her that I wasn't invited. She says yes you are. I told her i can meet up at 11pm, she says she gets off at 11. They I says i can come out if she is going out later,. She says she is not going out. I end up texting here saying
"oh well, its not in the cards, maybe some other time. Dont say I didnt try". why is this girl contacting me a year later and acting like this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes when people are between partners they can have feelings of insecurity or even loneliness. It is quite common to contact an old flame because it is familiar and comfortable. Often this will end quickly for many reasons. I don't know her but this can include second thoughts or lack of interest. The reasons are endless.. This can lead to a quick contact that seems promising but ends quickly. She could have been sincere at the time and then decided that it wasn't what she wanted. It could have nothing to do with you but rather her own fickle way of moving on. She could be playing hard to get or she could be stroking her ego. Either way don't be played for the sake of an old relationship.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
why would she ask if i was coming out? When i repled that i wasnt invited, she said yes you are. my last message to her was: "oh well, its not in the cards. maybey some other time. dont say I didnt try". usually she replies right away. but not this time. I wonder why.
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
Don't panic yet. She could be busy or have any number of interruptions. She may want to respond and is being held up by other events. I would give her some time. It could have nothing to do with you and you will be pleasantly surprised
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it wasn't mean what I said: "oh well, its not in the cards. Maybe some other time. Don't say I didnt try". was it?
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
I don't think it was what you said. I thought it sounded kind of flirty. I don't think it was your words at all. I bet it something much less complicated
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the girl never replied to my text from last week:"oh well, its not in the cards. Maybe some other time. Don't say I didnt try". do you think I got the blow off? Did i upset her?
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
I don't think you upset her unless she took it wrong. That comment wasn't that terrible. If she hasn't allowed contact she may have changed her mind but if so it wasn't meant to be.