TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My husband went for a meal with his ex girlfriend and their

Customer Question

My husband went for a meal with his ex girlfriend and their son as it was the boy's birthday, as his wife i don't feel this is appropriate as it sets the wrong impression and as the boy is 7yrs old i fear he will be more confused on their relationship. every time i try and discuss this with him he becomes defensive and ends to be an argument, what should i do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hello, thank for joining me. Please forgive any typos as I get very immersed in my work with you and sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers.

CoachJenK :

It is definitely a difficult situation as they have their son in common. Has this happened before where they have spent time together like this or just on this birthday? I would suggest that you sit down with your husband and discuss your feelings about it. I hear that he is defensive. was their an option for you to attend the dinner as well and would that be something you would have wanted?

CoachJenK :

I am here and awaiting your reply so I can be of further support to you.

Please let me know how else i can support you.