ang1372, Counselor
Experience:  I am a licensed mental health counselor and work with couples

if a person cheated on someone fifty plus times in a five year

Customer Question

if a person cheated on someone fifty plus times in a five year period,then says after the cheated one finds out, that they have changed. they will never do it again! now as far as the cheated on knows the cheater has not cheated for almost two years. although the cheater was very hard to catch before. cheating on someone is not really being in love right? plus why would the cheater want to stay with the cheated on? plus are they just taking a break from cheating? the cheater has always cheated in most of their relationships. so could the cheater really have stopped cold turkey, or is that way of life going to always be with them? since they are in their late twenties. is it who they are? should they not ever be trusted in a relationship? could it be they are just lying better?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  ang1372 replied 4 years ago.

ang1372 :

Well, someone who has repeatedly cheated would be difficult to trust, especially by the partner who he/she has cheated on. I would wonder if he/she has really changed. If this person gets help or the couple gets help, I do think there is hope. But the cheater needs to take responsibility for their behavior and be willing to do what it takes to earn the trust back of the cheated partner. Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks, Angie