TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

I have been with a guy for 6 months now. His best friend is

Customer Question

I have been with a guy for 6 months now. His best friend is a girl. They have been best friends for about a year. At first, he had feelings for her/was attracted to her. She was engaged at the time, now married, and she made that clear to him and discouraged his affection. She has been married for about 6 months. I should mention he and I are in a long distance relationship. As is her marriage. (military) They spend time together every day, which has never concerned me. He has been honest with me from the start about his previous feelings for her. Now he says there are none and I have no trust issues there. Recently, however, during one of their heart to heart talks, she admitted that she had also been attracted to him, which was news to both of us. When he told me this, he was trying to be open and honest. He began with "I hope this doesnt make you feel uncomfortable." My question is: how could I not feel uncomfortable?? I dont know why her confession changed things in my mind. Maybe because she is married and there is no reason to mention this NOW? It is a known fact that she has attention/self esteem issues. I havent talked to him about this. I dont want him to choose between her and I because I know how important to him she is. Please help.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.