psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I need to be stronger and more content with myself (to love

I need to be stronger and more content with myself (to love myself more). How can I achieve that? I need to focus more on my studies (which I love) and be less absorbed with other people and relationships I can't control. Are there any tips?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

I wanted to give you some tips to accomplish this goal:

Learn how to say no to preserve some time for yourself and to nourish your own spirit

Focus not just on school as a task but school as a future. Give everything you have so that you secure your future. This means taking pride in your accomplishments and learning from your mistakes.

Lear how to nurture your own emotions by learning all you can about what you need and what you want

Give yourself time to relax and take time to just work on yourself

Keep in mind your qualities that endear you to others that make you a unique person.

Learn to love yourself by not allowing others to make you less than you want to be

Structure your time so that you always have time for important things and unimportant things.

Find activities that remind you of what makes you special.

Learn affirming words that help maintain your focus. Try journaling to remind yourself positive ways to make your life more positive and rewarding.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated