psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My husband and I have been married for 23 yrs. He told me

My husband and I have been married for 23 yrs. He told me on Christmas day that he loves someone else and he left the next day. He came back at the weekend and I begged him try again but he says he can't giver her up. I'm devasted. I haven't eaten or slept and I just can't face that it is over. Any advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately there is no cure for a broken heart. I can't believe his timing. I am sure you are devastated after being with someone for so long. You should benefit however from meeting with a therapist. This can help you address the depressed mood and the changes you will need to make. It is very difficult to be single again and having support can be very helpful. You need to be able to talk to someone, You can't change what is his choice. When someone is faced with such a rash decision they often feel very frazzled and have to focus on how to survive. You can also find out if there are any support groups in your area. Even if they are divorce groups they can help you with the transition you are facing. Don't be scared to reach out for help even if it's family or friends. Any help is fine. Limit your contact with him to essential stuff. No calling as a cover to get your emotions involved. You need closure. Find that in his disclosure and move on with help

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I should accept it? I keep thinking there may be some hope
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
There is always a small amount of hope but when someone leaves a relationship that is usually a final step. I would accept it just so you don't have your hopes up for nothing. You can't live day by day wondering if he will change his mind