Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

A girl I like went out with another guy. When I asked her about

Customer Question

A girl I like went out with another guy. When I asked her about she said that they just went out for fun and it's nothing serious. I really like this girl and wanted to ask her out before this happened, now it feels like I'm losing her. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. It seems to me that given what you've said that there is not much you can do but ask her out for a definite date. See what she does. If she does not respond positively then, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you'll just have to move on. It's worth giving it another try.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I see that you are offline now. I'll pause here and await your response to see if there is anything you would like to add so that we may continue with our chat. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Just put Dr. Shirley Schaye before your response and I will be the one to respond.

Customer: Should I ask her out sooner or later?
Customer: And is there a way ask her out without ruining our friendship if she says no?
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Do it whenever you think she might be available. Go slow. Don't push things --- I mean sexually. Let's see what she does. Go for dinner, a concert, whatever. Then, if she does go, see how she is responding. Pay close attention to her cues. It might take more than one date. Then see where it goes.

Customer: Well see how it goes I guess, thanks
Yes. Let me know how it goes. I am here for you if you need me. Just put Dr. Shirley before your response and I will be the one to answer.