psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Im trying to get back with my ex girlfriend who dumped me about

Im trying to get back with my ex girlfriend who dumped me about a month ago. It was a fairly amicable break-up. She cited the long-distance between and stress through issues she had with studies etc being the main reasons. Then about a couple of weeks after our break up she started texting me. I was careful not to text back too quickly or too often. Then we had a couple of chats on the phone which went well. It got to the stage where I texted her to meet again for a drink. I was happy when she said that it would be nice to catch up over a drink. A day or so later I texted back to offer to meet up on a Thursday night. She responded by apologising to say that she was away that evening and did not offer another time for us to meet. Is it time for me to just give up on trying to win her back? My gut feeling now is to just leave it, if she was genuinely interested she would have offered an alternative. I could possibly send a quick text back saying shame we couldnt meet but just leave it at that and no asking for another night/time, or do I just try one very last time??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like you are more focused than she is. If she didn't give you an alternative she wasn't that interested. Something is worth doing is worth following through on. It sounds like she is interested on her terms. That is a very shaky foundation on which to build a relationship. I say lose her number. She has sort of left you hanging and that doesn't make for a honest open relationship. I think you said it best when you said about her not giving you an alternative date. If you already feel not as important as you like then months or years from now won't be better. I say start fresh with someone new.

Please press accept

psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues