Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Counselor
Experience:  Want help with your most important relationships? Licensed Marriage/Family Counselor.

my girlfriend and I have been dating for 3months now and recently

Customer Question

my girlfriend and I have been dating for 3months now and recently sent me an email saying she need to be alone to heel her self because she could not be giving 100 percent. she said she needed to heel her self so she could be the best girlfriend to me and give 100 percent. I was very understanding about it. she had always been honest with me from the start. even though she wanted space and time to heel herself she still wanted to talk and hang out. I said that will make it hard on me. she said but your a great guy and i dont want to loose you! so i said we need to talk face to face and talk about our guid lines and a plan. she was ok with that. I said I would like to talk sooner then later! because it was really hurting me. she emailed that letter wed. night and she kept putting me off to see me till sat. I had got a text saying i could come over if I wanted. so I did. she had warned me before I came over that she and her roommate had been drinking tho. so I was not planning on talking to her about this matter till the morning. she had past out and and I just had a gut feeling to look at her phone. I had found she was just with anouther guy the night before and stayed at his place. it was her personal trainer she had been working with at the gym.... found out it was true. she said sorry the next day for hurting me and still asked me if we still had a chance later after she heels herself. she said "It was not concidered cheating because I told you I could not give you 100 percent right now". I know I was wrong for looking thru her phone but i was following my gut. but now what? I need some direction.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Sorry but she is not good girlfriend material. She doesn't understand how to be exclusive, she doesn't understand how to use alcohol appropriately, she isn't trustworthy. You don't have a chance unless you want a girlfriend who is too immature to trust. If trust and loyalty and exclusivity are important to you then you better let her go and find some one who has your values and can live them. So sorry, this kind of thing really hurts.

Let her go.

I know this is not what you want to hear, sorry.

Mark Manley