psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

my wife and i have been having troubles for a couple of months

my wife and i have been having troubles for a couple of months now but recently feel like weve been drifting apart she says she still loves me and wants to work things out but has admitted having a crush on a young friend what do i do.i asked her last night to have a deep look inside her self to see if she feels anything for mr x and wether she wants to save us and her answer was she does have a small crush on mr x and she thinks we have lost our spark but wants to try and save our marrige.i am totally crushed i dont know what to do we have to young kids which complicates things to. help pls

If mr. x is coming to the house and she knows she likes him then he shouldn't be coming to the house. She needs to distance herself until you have a chance to work on the relationship. If she has said she wants to work on you as a couple then find a marriage counselor in your area to address reuniting the spark. Couples find it difficult all the time to keep a relationship going. You have to have strong boundaries in your house. Work together to develop boundaries in your home that do not make you feel so uncomfortable. If she wants the relationship she will learn that boundaries are necessary to be a healthy couple.

I would speak to her immediately about finding a professional. Then identify the rules of your home. Limit her contact with mr. x. Let her know how her behavior makes you feel. Work on all of these goals as a couple. When you work together you will see how motivated she is

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated