Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

Hi there, I have fallen in love with a woman who is older

Customer Question

Hi there,

I have fallen in love with a woman who is older than me. I am in my late 20s and she is in her early forties and we get on well.

Originally, we meet on an Internet dating website and decided to meet. The only problem, however, is that we live far away from each other.

Since then, we mostly kiss, hug, cuddle and had several intimate moments. We have leant quite abit about each other and I am unable to tell anyone else - not even my loved ones. There is a stigma in society for our relationship to occur.

The two problems seem to increase and has made me tearful. Even she has tried to hide these feelings, yet we both know how we feel about each other.

I have never experienced love and romance before and, much as we are both different, I miss her.

We plan to meet but this is next month.

Many thanks,

C
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 5 years ago.
Hello. I understand how society pressures you, but you should never let true love be silenced by society. You are both consenting adults. Older men date MUCH younger women ALL the time, what's the difference?? You should not hide how you feel. Finding the right person is very difficult and some people go their entire lives without getting to feel true love. You have to go for it if you both feel the way you say. You may get pressure from family and others, but you have to be able to say, so what?! You love each other, let that be your only guide.