Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

Hi dr.paige, I fluctuate in weight 15-20 lbs. I lose quickly

Hi dr.paige, I fluctuate in weight 15-20 lbs. I lose quickly then gain it back.usually through a fad diet or starving myself. I could go a day or two without eating and then eat unhealthy foods throughout the day on other days. I also snack all day. I eat a lot of sweets and feel like I would be naturally thin if I didn't have this sweet tooth and u healthy sting habits. The extra twenty pounds really affect my self esteem yet Its hard for me change. I want to deal with this issue.
Hello. Dieting is a tough trap to get into. While I am not a nutritionist, I would suggest eating small meals throughout the day and making sure you are getting exercise. it is a catch 22 a lot of times. If you are getting exercise, you will feel better and you will be more willing to keep the cycle going. If you are constantly fighting a diet and know what you are and are not supposed to be doing, you are always having to deal with guilt. There is nothing wrong with a sweet tooth as long as everything is in moderation. You shouldn't ignore or cut off your feelings, they make you who you are. Don't compare yourself to others, just be who you are. Accept it and try to be happy with it. When you try hard to be like others, you run into a self esteem issue. Dive into your art. Forget the fad diets. Focus on portions. If you are forbidding yourself to eat anything you like, you will have a more difficult time. Eat what you want to eat, just less of it. Never go a day without eating. It has the opposite effect. Your body stores fat when you aren't providing it.