Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

hi I have been married for 3 years and i have a baby I RECENTLY

hi I have been married for 3 years and i have a baby I RECENTLY FIGURED OUT THAT MY HUSBAND HAS AN AFFAIR a very serious one and I found a cell phone that was a lot of telephone no. of different girls but this last girl is very serious and i think he is in love with her .
my husband didnt want to have sex with me from the begin of our marriage and when we had sex it was awful. as he used to drink alot of alcohol i thaught it was because of that, in this last year he just couldnt no matter how much we tried
but in the last two months he was so good in sex and i heard he use drugs chrystal med.
I asked for a divorce and he accepted
my question is why could he cheat this much and he couldnt have sex with me? was it something about me?
and is there any hope he get corrected? i am so sad i left him with my baby and although he did all these wrong things to me i am not happy that i left him even he was an alcoholic and we had a big fight when ever he was drunk
and he hits me when ever he got angry!!!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I am sorry you are going through the emotions of all of this but you must not go back to this man. I am so happy that you left. There is absolutely no way that you and your baby should be around this person. If he hits you, he is capable of hurting the baby. I know that it is very hard for you right now, and after having a baby your emotions are probably very strong, but I urge you to not go back. You and your child deserve so much more. Concentrate on parenting right now. Your child should be your #1 priority in every single way right now. Do not put your baby in this situation. You do not need a man to be a great mother and this is what you should be concerned with at this time. There is no way you should raise your child around an alcoholic drug abuser who hits you!!! There are MANY great men out there. You don't need to worry about anything right now other than being a good parent. The problems your ex has had with having sex with you his problem and had absolutely nothing to do with you. He is not a very good person to do any of these things to you. You are better than this. Work on your self esteem and be strong. Do it for your baby.