Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

i got a girl i was seeing upset with me and i told her dont

i got a girl i was seeing upset with me and i told her dont bother calling and of course i didnt mean it i was just in the moment now im trying to make up with her and i told her i made a mistake and that im sorry and she txted me back saying ya i apparently i was one of them (meaning she was a mistake to me) i said no and to please call me but now shes not responding at all. what do i do i dont wanna lose her.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
Hello. It sounds like she is still very upset with you. I think that you need to let her cool off a bit. Give her a few days, then contact her again and just say that you were sorry and you would really just like to speak with her. Don't force it or act desperate or anything, just let her know how you feel and that you want to make it up to her. Then just wait it out. It may take her a few days, weeks or maybe never to get over it. it depends how sensitive she is and about the nature of your argument that led to you to say what you did. basically, just respect her space but make sure she knows how you feel. She obviously gets your text messages and if that is how you want to communicate with her, send her another text. Tell her that you understand why she is so upset with you and to please call you when she can. If she does give you a second chance, make sure that in the future, you both communicate well and understand each others feelings to the point that either of you say things that you will regret.