psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

i have been seeing this guy for about 3 yrs now and we hit

i have been seeing this guy for about 3 yrs now and we hit it off very well. then we had a set back when his friend told me he was seeing someone else very young. we split up then we tallked it through and decided to try again. in sept he told me he loved me and that we would be together someday soon but he need time to get his life cleaned up before we could go to the next level. he calls and textes me all the time but he won't say lov you as much as before and he avoids spending time with me. he says there is no one else but.. i know he deals alot with his daughter n exwife, what is going on. help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

It does sound like he is experiencing some doubt. That doesn't mean there is someone else. He might just be going through a phase where a long term committed relationship is very scary for him. If you have to push for him to tell you how he feels then he is experiencing a struggle and only he knows why and how. Your role in this is to decide if this is worth the wait. You may find that a relationship can fail just because each person is in two different points in their life. If you can't come together then it can't work. So you have to decide how long you want to wait and what will sustain you unless things change. I would be honest with him and tell him that you need more. If he can't it's up to you to stay or leave.

Please press accept

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I agree with what you have said and I feel in my heart that he is worth waiting for. hes always there for me and my daughter no matter what its just getting him to spent time with me. thank you