psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My wife of over a year is saying she wants to leave me. i know

Customer Question

My wife of over a year is saying she wants to leave me. i know she has loved me very much over the last six years, and is saying that she is over me, and wants to see other people. i love her very much and am devastated. How an I get her bak?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

Sorry. I was away for the holiday. The key to your problem is whether you not your wife has the motivation to still work on this marriage or she is intent on leaving. If she is done with the relationship then nothing you do will help. It takes two people with a total commitment to the relationship to fix any problems. However she may be saying she was to leave but still has the desire to fix this relationship. If she wants things to change and she is willing to do the work your relationship could work out. People overcome problems in a relationship all the time. Find out from her what she really wants. Schedule appointments with a marriage counselor and identify specifically what her issues are. They may be very fixable. Then work on the relationship rather than give up. She may have issue that she really wants to see fixed and end up being very happy. Even if she has left you can still do this. Remind her what the relationship has that is positive. When you find out if she is willing to put in the work romance her. Educate yourself on what you can do to fix the issues.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated