Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

This man, I met him on a commuter train. Cute, loved his voice

Customer Question

This man, I met him on a commuter train. Cute, loved his voice and southern accent. Then I got one call, then none. 2 months later, I get a message from him on facebook, no picture, and he explained he lost his phone. So, I give it to him again. He called once, then dissapeared. Im not one to call a guy alot. So, I leave it alone. Some ten months later, I get a call from a number I don't know, its him! He explained that he saw something in me. I asked him at our first meeting if he was single. He was actually in a divorce back then, so he told me. He didn't want to have to explain all that to me way back then. He said he simply didn't know how. For the past three months, he has called, texted etc. I really hadn't tried to think much of him given how he started out. But, he is still charming and funny, interesting. We went out two months ago after work. His voice is captivating, and im drawn to him. We kissed as we left. It was electric. I went out with him this past weekend. It was awesome. I wasn't expecting anything, but both encounters were amazing. I think of him all the time, even listen to his voicemails from weeks ago. He calls, texts, and always wants to see me. I find myself smiling alot. Im not sure how to tread givenhow this all started. Should I allow myself to go further? Or continue to be guarded?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 2 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

This sounds very promising. We all need to balance ourselves between guarded and taking chances on life. This man may be the one you have been waiting for all of your life.

It is better to have loved and lost (goes the old saying) then never to have loved at all. I think you should open up and trust him. If there is something wrong with him, your instincts and emotional intelligence will kick in and warn you.

This sounds genuine and I think that you should go for it. Your excitement about the possibilities are palpable and I can feel it in your written words. He is not "men" in general. He is this special man (and a southern gentleman as well). I am a former yankee who has lived in the south for 38 years, and I know that the people here are generally nice, sincere, caring, and mannerly. I can't speak for this gentleman, but if I were in your position I would let it blossom and unfold. You have much more to gain than to lose.

I wish you great success.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, I need to get past how this all started? Him dissapearing?
I don't get any bad vibes from him at all.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.