Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

my ex bf has recently emailed me a few times to tell me that

my ex bf has recently emailed me a few times to tell me that he still loves me, misses me and wants to meet up for a drink over Christmas. However, he has also told me he has a gf! I don't know what to make of it all, why has he contacted me?  Is it because he's unhappy with his gf or that he truly loves me and wants me back, we broke up over 4  years ago

I do still love him, what should I do?

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
What did he say in response to your email that you think he shouldn't be saying things like that when he has a girlfriend?? It is possible that he isn't that serious about her, or he doesn't feel secure enough to leave her unless he thinks you will get back with him. You didn't say how felt about him, regardless of if he is with someone or not. It was right of you to tell him that he shouldn't be contacting you when he has a girlfriend. Good for you. I would bet he is wanting you back but doesn't want to give up his current gf unless he knows he can have you back.