psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

there is this guy i work with he is my team leader. very nice

Customer Question

there is this guy i work with he is my team leader. very nice guy in his mid 30's is relious and he is kind of shy...i noticed a lot about him...especially when he started to change alittle around me...see it first started off as he would talk to me ask me questions work related or not and if it was work related he would ask me and no one else...and then he started to come to the area i worked at saying something to me even joking with me...and he was constantly around...i would catch him looking at me and he would look away and then there was times he would stare at me with a serious look on his face...and he would stare at me longer than usual...well i started to realize his behavior was alittle different towards me later...he would still come around where i was but not as much and he wasnt his same self other the fact he would still stare at me with serious look...and he had couple of times stand in front of me and would stare...he wont say as much to of the guys told me that my team leader asked him (he done this when i was talking to another guy) if i was having a problem with my scanner and he told my team leader no...and he said oh well then he is just hitting on her...when he told me that i was like what is his deal....anyway anytime i talk to a guy work related or not he is around or he is looking at me...what is his deal...i feel like he likes me and possibly has a crush on me but i am wondering y he is being like this...
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

It sounds like he definitely has a crush on you. He may stare for reasons such as being awkward around women he likes or being unable to properly express himself to someone he likes. This can cause him to appear awkward and stare at you because he doesn't have the nerve to approach you in a personal way. If you asked him he probably would deny it. You have to let him come to you. You may offer him a few words of encouragement and see if he picks up the ball running. Staring can be just a sign that one is wanting to say something but is embarrassed. It's up to you whether you want to open up the conversation on a personal level but I wouldn't ask a direct question.

Please press accept ;this is the only way I am compensated

Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.