psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

MY DIVORCE IS ALMOST FINAL I INITIATED IT BUT NOW I CANT STOP

MY DIVORCE IS ALMOST FINAL I INITIATED IT BUT NOW I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT MY HUSBAND HE MOVED ON TWO MONTHS AFTER OUR BREAKUP WITH ANOTHER WOMAN WHO LIVES QUITE CLOSE TO ME I KNOW I NEED TO MOVE ON TOO BUT I FEEL STUCK
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

There is no effective cure for a broken heart. You have the right idea. You are using journaling. You are using distraction. Those tools are excellent but may seem to be not working because you have not let time do its job. Time is what makes you sane again. In the meantime, counseling can be used as a way to give you someone to talk to while you learn to live without him. He has moved on and that can be very painful. You can feel - why him and not me. Everyone finds love in their own time. I would suggest finding a therapist during this difficult time. Also investigate any support groups that can help immensely in giving you other people that are in your situation. Also investigate educational material that is focused on surviving divorce. Check your local paper for any discussions, workshops, and support groups that help divorced people. Maximize your contact with close friends and make weekly outings to increase your social contact. Be creative. Use other people in your life to occupy your time. Avoid any entertaining of his love life in your mind. Begin to think beyond the two of you as a couple.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated