psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Should I have broken up with my bf bc he told me that he has

Should I have broken up with my bf bc he told me that he has feelings for another girl who lives in London and they only met once but he knows he wanted to be with me from the first time he saw me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

If your boyfriend has feelings for another girl then you did the right thing. His words are very inconsistent. He says he wants to be with you but he has feelings for her. That makes no sense. If he hopes his feelings fade then don't wait around to see. I would feel that I was the back up plan. Don't give him that much power. You deserve someone who has "feelings" for you. If you second guess yourself you will always wonder as you stated. You are going to wonder if they are going to speak or get together. Distance doesn't mean anything when it comes to attraction. I would find someone who doesn't have his heart in London. You don't want to be part of his attraction. I would be very cautious if he returns that it is just a result of him not going where she is. If he has feelings then eventually he will make himself available. Don't be at home waiting for it to happen.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well we were dating for 4 months and Ive known him for 5 months. We live in different states I live in VA and he in SC. I think that I rushed to be in a "relationship" with him and shouldve taken things slower. Maybe if I moved back we can spend more time together. I am planning on moving back to SC not bc of him but bc of my family and job. I am thinking that I shouldve just dated him casually instead of putting my all. I cant seem to find what I am continuously doing wrong when it comes to dating/ relationships
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
You probably aren't doing anything wrong. You just have a guy who isn't going to commit. But your moving back won't change his mind. If he has feelings for her that won't change anything. You could possibly date him casually to see if situation resolves itself but I still think you should move on. It is hard to go from giving 200% to dating.