Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

I am in a relationship with a woman. We love each other but

I am in a relationship with a woman. We love each other but we have so mant difference between us. We like the qualities with the other person. But sometimes it seems we are more distant with each other unless it petains to sex or going out. Is there a way we can get closer together and bwork this out
Hello. The short answer here is time. You didn't say how long you have been together. Generally, what you are describing is the beginning of a relationship. You need time to become friends. You may very well have a lot in common with each other that you have not yet discovered. Have you tried dates at home? Such as renting a movie and cooking dinner? Those types of things can help you become closer as people and not just boyfriend/girlfriend.