psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Going through a breakup and trying to recover, using "no contact

Going through a breakup and trying to recover, using "no contact principle" and after 3 weeks my ex asked me to call. Now she saying things like " I don,t want to lose contact" and "I love you in my own way" I should explain she suffers from depression.
How should I read these comments please ? I will meet her tomorrow.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like the no contact rule applies here. When a partner is professing their love in their own way this leads to confusion on the part of the partner. It is possible that she needs a connection with you because she becomes depressed. Consider that this may be self serving and benefit only her - leaving you shaking your head. It is positive that you have tried to stay away and avoid being angry. Her comments suggest that she is not committed to this relationship. When someone says "in my own way" that usually means that they don't love you romantically. If they did they would not have to say "in my own way". That means less than romantic love. Not wanting to lose contact implies that she wants to be your friend but not your partner. Accept these conditions as she has laid them out and it will help you heal.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated