Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

Recently my girlfriend wanted to become just friends;(SEPT.)

Recently my girlfriend wanted to become just friends;(SEPT.) I complyed we still went away for a wknd. together.She recently has become very close with me;but now this week has ignored me.I am totally in love with her and want no one else how can I convince her to start this back again ;i cant be just friends.
Hello. I know this sounds basic, but have you told her your feelings? You need to find out what she is thinking, because she is sending you mixed signals. You deserve to know where things stand. It sounds like you either need to be in a full committed relationship, or walk away and not have any contact. If you love her and she is worth fighting for, you need to go for it, but at the same time, you need to know if you are wasting your time on someone who isn't interested in reciprocating your intentions. Maybe she has had a relationship in the past that ended badly and may have some issues with commitment for fear of being hurt? I do not know what type of woman she is and what she may like or not like as far as advances and communication, but being persistently romantic with her may win her over?? You definitely deserve for her to respect you enough to not play games with you. Be up front with her. Ask her what you both can do to make this work. Tell her she is the only one you want to be with. Tell her you can't just be friends. Lay it all out there. You may love the response or hate it, but either way, at least you will know.