Cathy, Counselor
Experience:  Ms, MS.Ed., thirty years clinical practice

I got involved with a guy who was already in a relationship

Customer Question

I got involved with a guy who was already in a relationship 3 and a half years ago. We had a secret affair for 18 months when I broke it of as I couldn't handle the secrecy . He told me he didn't want me anyway. We kept in touch all the time and then I started dating another guy he got so jealous and asked me to marry him but I said no this was just a reaction. He had split up with his girlfriend when we broke up but never told me. I wanted to be with him so broke up with the other guy. I did everything possible to get him back but even though we spoke about everyday stuff he still has not committed to me. We speak every day he comes to see me in secret once a week . He never tells me how he feels I'm really fed up with it all at this stage even though I really love him. This has been going on 15 months now. He is a very secret person. My birthday was six weeks ago he didn't even give me a card .
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cathy replied 4 years ago.

Cathy :

Hi and thanks for writing JA

Cathy :

I have read your post and am so sorry you have had such a rough time. You have done a great job detailing your relationship but you never do get around to asking us a question. Can you formulate a question for and I would be happy to help you on this? Warm regards, Cathy