psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My boyfriend didnt come out for my birthday.

My boyfriend didn't come out for my birthday. His Mum has just had an operation which I can understand, she comes before me. But, he reckons he had to pick her up at 9 o'clock at night. He said he had to look after for the night and the following day even though his Dad, 2 sisters and brother live there? I was really upset that he wouldn't come out even for a few hours on my birthday. I did eventually calm down and have a good night! He text and said he didn't want to ruin my night, have fun and hopefully he will see me the following day. Then he upset me again! I text him the following day (yesterday) and he did not reply until 10 o'clock at night. When he did reply he said he'd been in bed all day because he was really tired. So, what happened to him looking after his mum? Obviously he wasn't then. So, really he couldn't get out of bed to come and see me. I text him earlier and said I was upset and that's the truth. I have been all day! He clearly hasn't worked out why and obviously doesn't think about things before he says them. He's text and called a few times and I've ignored him. I wanted to tell him I love him now for a while. He is the first person I have really wanted in a long time. I don't want to give up on that, I really feel like he is the one.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

If you feel that he is the one then you are saying that you are willing to work on anything - even this. I actually agree with you. I don't think he was taking care of his mother and I think it was rude and inconsiderate. He should have at least made an effort which he didn't. But this can be talked about in an effort to move on. By telling him how hurt you were then you hopefully will change the way he looks at what happened. By saying nothing you make it okay to put you behind everyone else. It's okay to voice your opinion.

If you want this to work out then resolve this by talking and move on. You can have a good relationship and still talk about this. Use it as a way to move on and learn about each other. You can tell him you love him and be happy. Learn how to voice your concerns.

If this was helpful press accept