psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

i was writing to my sister. and she was saying stuff about

i was writing to my sister. and she was saying stuff about our family. then i said maybe some medication will help you feel better. i sugar coated this extremely to her. ( i take an prescr iption to! and she went nuts on me. asking if i thought she needed it and do i think she's crazy. what??? she carried on and on. I was in no way mean. she i just keep a superficial relationship with her and contend she is correct? so avoid drama.

Sometimes this happens. People share their problems with family and then when you make a suggestion that freightens them they become very upset. Mental health is very scary! Even when what you are saying is true it is still scary to have to accept that you might have issues that can fit within a diagnosis so perfectly. The idea of mental health alone has its' own taboo. So when she overreacted she may have been reacting to this stigma or she may have been threatened by the fact that she has to accept that she may have a disorder. She may be at the stage where she is not ready to accept that. I would not mention it again since it may look like you are saying she is "crazy" when you were not. But you have planted the seed. Now let her decide if she agrees and if she chooses to do anything about it. You have done your job - trying to help. Now let her decide if she wants to accept the suggestions.

If this has been helpful press accept