Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

i been with my boyfriend for 3 years living together for 2.

Customer Question

i been with my boyfriend for 3 years living together for 2. at the bigining of our relationship i found on his cell some pic of naked girls so from then i dont trust him 100% he never go out by him self and his very good to me and my 2 kids. he has afcebook account and i send him a friend request and he diclined 75 % of his friend are girls he has 450 2 DAYS AGO I ASK HIM WHY HE HAS HIS EX GIRLFRIEND AS A FRIEND SHE CHEAT ON HIM WITH HIS FRIEND AND NOW HIS ACTING LIKE HIS SO UPSET AND HI REFUSED TO TALK TO ME. USUALLY WHE WE ARGUE WE TALK AND GET TO AND AGREEMENT BUT THIS TIME HIS ACTING DIFFERENT. DO YOU THING ITS OVER?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

It seems that you have never established a close and trusting relationship with this man. If he refuses you on his faceback, that means he is hiding his life and contact from you, although he is willing to share it with people he hardly knows, although he might actually have some people that he knows quite well. He does not want to spoil his reputation by having his live-in on facebook.

You don't have great reasons for trusting him and shouldn't be apologizing. If he is not even talking to you while you bend over to kiss his feet, then chances are he is finished with you. Even if he weren't, you would be wise to be finished with him. He doesn't care enought about you to count as a close friend, and he is not trustworthy.

Hard as it may seem, you should accept that it is over and move on. He might want to come back to you when he wants, for his own sefish reasons, but you would be wise to resist him.

I wish you the courage and strength to get past this difficult time.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC