psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

what should i do bout my girlfriend is she breaking up with

Customer Question

what should i do bout my girlfriend is she breaking up with me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

When people break up you first have to figure out who is unhappy and why they are unhappy. That issue is either solvable or not. If it is solvable then you can work out strategies that you are willing to do to save this relationship such as couples counseling. All of this depends on if the person breaking up with you has enough left to want to save this. If not nothing you do will help. Both people have to be fully committed to making changes. So ask your girlfriend exactly what is wrong and if she is willing to work on this. Offer to find a couples counselor so that you can work on it together. Offer to make changes that would make her happy but you have to be genuinely willing to do this. If you can engage her in this discussion now you may have a chance to turn this around. Everything depends on how much honesty you get and if both of you are committed.

You can also use Google to find counseling on line where you both can participate through webcam or IM. This is considered online counseling or ecounseling. It brings the couples work to you. My favorite resource on communication is the Mars and Venus series. I would present these ideas to your girlfriend and see what response you get

If this has been helpful press accept