TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

My boyfriend blocked my number from calling him. We have been

My boyfriend blocked my number from calling him. We have been dating for a year off and on. He cheated on me with his kids mom. Well when I found out I told her that he said that she would lose their son because she would be an unfit mother. Shes far from it and actually their son is a great kid because of her. She kicked him to the curb after the cheating and I forgave him. Well she didn't believe me at first so 5 months later she finally confronted him via email to which Intercepted and told her to get a life.
He found out and flipped out on me, drove off and left me in the parking lot with my keys and everything and blocked my number from calling him.
What does he care about her? They were together for 7 years and he has no
feelings for her. So why is he treating me this way? Is he done with me? Does he still have feelings for her?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistMaryAnn replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

He goes back to her because he can and she will accept him. Some men do not have a problem with cheating and feel that ex's are safe bets. They can be with them without the commitment and problems they had before in the relationship. Now it's sex and some contact without any relationship issues. This means he probably does not want to go back with her. If he did, then he would be dealing with the same issues he did before he left. The relationship would not last unless they worked their problems through. And he probably would not stop cheating either.

Your boyfriend wants to have his cake and eat it too. He cares only about his needs being met. However, once you and his ex start to communication and mess things up for him, he gets upset. This is why he treated you badly.

Your boyfriend may like you but he is thinking of himself at this point. He is not putting you first or his ex. He is putting himself first. So as long as he thinks of himself, he will most likely not be faithful to anyone.

I hope this helps you,