Suzanne, Therapist, LCSW
Experience:  Experienced in treating trauma, relationship issues, co-dependency

Im talking to a guy from Anchorage online for a year now.

I'm talking to a guy from Anchorage online for a year now. He got a contract in Warwickshire UK to build a dam. He should come visit me March he send me the flight details with the dates we set for coming, but then before he came the crane broke so he couldn't make it since then i've helped him with money for food and some large amount to fix the crane which then just broke please I need someone to hlp and give me advice on this is he just in this reltionship for money or for love like he told me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for bringing your question to Just Answer!

The internet is a wonderful invention, but with it came a new type of crime. People trying to get money from someone from another country who would have no way of coming after them.

No man that loved a woman would expect her to pay for his equipment failures..or his food!. It sounds very unlikely that a UK contract would be awarded to a man in Alaska who doesn't even have enough money to fix his own equipment or buy his own food. Why would they bring someone like that over to England when they have construction companies of their own? He wouldn't have any equipment in the UK. He has been lying to you.

He has built a tangled web of lies to appeal to your sympathy and get your money. Anyone can convince someone they love them by writing the right things to pull on their heart. Talk means nothing. If he loved you, he would find a way to be with you.

You have been scammed, I'm sorry to say. Although you may be heartbroken, it is time to cut off all contact with this man.