Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My girlfriend and I broke up because we both needed to find

My girlfriend and I broke up because we both needed to find ourselves. We do still love eachother but we think that it would be good for both of us if we spend some time apart in order for eachtoher to figure out what we want from our lives. We decided to keep in touch but if we love eachother shouldnt we still be together?

Being separated while you still have feelings for one another may be seen as a test. The two of you hopefully had identify what exactly would you be doing to figure out yourselves and what you want to do both as individuals and within the relationship.

It would be reasonable to set some time frame for this time apart. Individuals that love one another do not necessarily have to live together at least initially or be sexually intimate because love transcends that. If you love each other, you can be together when both of you feel ready and know exactly what is it you want from one another and what kind of a relationship you want to have. It would be important to still keep in touch and communicate with one another during this period.