Suzanne, Therapist, LCSW
Experience:  Experienced in treating trauma, relationship issues, co-dependency

he bad mouths his sons mother

This guy I've been dating bad mouths his sons mother to me. Well he swears he hates her. He also cheated on me with her. However he mad me mad and i told some people the things he said about her and it got back to her. He and I have had an up and down roller coaster relationship.
what i want to know is how he will react to me once he finds out I repeated those things he said.
The things he said were to attacks her as a mother. But she's a pretty good mom.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for bringing your question to Just Answer!

It sounds like you've gotten yourself stuck in the middle of his drama with his son's mother. I have a feeling he'll be really mad at you when he finds out you repeated what he said....because he's really not done with his relationship with her yet. The fact that he cheated on you with her shows how much he's still tied to her.

If you hope to make a life with this guy, you'll have to work hard to stay out of anything to do with his ex. Hoping that she'll cut him out of her life when she hears what he said will probably back-fire. He'll deny it to her, and accuse you of being a liar.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Actually she confronted him and told her to get a life.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

" She confronted him and told her to get a life"

Do you mean she told him to get a life, or was it the other way around?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The other way around...he told her to get a life.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.
I think we're having the same conversation on two different questions. Do you want me to answer here as well?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No thanks a million... the other question is fine.