Suzanne
Suzanne, Therapist, LCSW
Experience:  Experienced in treating trauma, relationship issues, co-dependency
32195369

I am a 63 yr old female . I have an a close relative that is

Customer Question

I am a 63 yr old female . I have an a close relative that is a 62 yr old female that I have some real concerns about. Maybe you can help how to handle this.
I will call my relative A and man in her life B. I will be C
A met B at a Author meet & greet book signing. B sucessfully writes vampire books that A has read.
B took a liking to A and wanted to see her again, however they live 800 miles from each other. B is in his late 30's! A & B have both had weight loss surgery. B is still heavy & A has lost several pounds. B flew to A city 10 days after meeting for a weekend at a family gathering 300 miles away. C was going to drive A & B to the family weekend 5 hrs away. The trip was delayed for a couple of hours because B lost his glasses & had to get another pair. The trip was awful. B complained about everything, C's driving, wanted to stop & eat several times, over-the top purchase when we did stop, loading up on junk food and 50 pks of Baseball cards. Very high maintenance. Complained his hernia was bothering him the entire 5 hrs in the back seat. C finally tolod him to shut up. He was constantly texting or playing games on his smart phone. A thought he was charming & funny. Got to family gathering which was up a dirt road 3 miles in the middle of nowhere. C just miggled with family staying away from A & B. Next morning A was pounding on my cabin door & acted like there was an emergency. A wanted my keys to drive to town because B needed RED BULL to function. 4 days later we drove home and had the same experience on the trip as when we came. (I know this is long but trying to keep it condensed). So A & B unpacked C'c car and loaded their gear in to A's car left. As C was unpacking ;her car, it took 45 min to clean akll the garbage that B left in the back seat inclouding a Cooler with his writing notebook in it among other things. I tried to call A but go no answer/left message & texted because B was leaving the next day to fly home. No response. Work the next day. Going to stop here. The RED FLAGS just keep coming B says he has been in a relationship with another 62 yr old woman but she died of a stroke. he has been married before & has 8 yr old son, he says he was a professional Poker player at one time, but his income is now from his writing only--no other job & A told me he was on medicastion for OCD. All these red flags and now A said she is in love with him 1 month later. C is so worried A is going in the wrong direction and C does not know how to intervene. In fact B is coming to A's house in 0 days to spend a week with A. A has invited C's daughter & husband to have dinner together while he is here but told C's daughter that A is not inviting C because she believes C does niot like or approve of B. Dah! ya thing. Help. Thank you C
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Suzanne replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.