TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Kate, Is it inappropriate for me to call the high school sweetheart

Kate, Is it inappropriate for me to call the high school sweetheart and ask her questions? We recently attended a reunion and that's when they reconnected. I don't think he was forthcoming with information. According to facebook, they were talking prior to the reunion plus she was there with another man.

No, I would not call her. Besides making you look bad, she is going to probably tell him and it may cause your situation to get even worse.

It is understandable that you want to know what is going on. Anybody would. But unless he is willing to communicate with you, you may have to assume that he started a new relationship and is moving on. He has given you little choice but to make your own conclusions if he will not respond to you. I would back off and give this time. If he does not respond within a few weeks, then you may want to move on yourself.

Kate