Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

i am having trouble keeping friends, they always tell me to

i am having trouble keeping friends, they always tell me to move on because they say i am "up and down" too much? question is once someone pushes you out of there life how do you win them back. have tried being kind and giving and tried to talk it through with them many times. nothing seems to work?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by up and down (as in your mood being erratic), or inconsistent with following through with promises you may have made to them?

Any expert may reply to the post; info request is intended for clarification to assist you better.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
up and down as in moods. happy one day then sad the next.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.
Are you planning on seeing a professional face to face to rule out bipolar spectrum disorders that may be causing the ups and downs? Beforeyou address how to win someone who may have pushed you away, it would be helpful to address the cause for the behavior.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i want to see someone about bipolar. but who am i meant to go to? dont even know where to start. who do i see about it? there are other little things as well. like if i start thinking about one thing, then i will struggle to get it off my mind (example: i work at a fruit shop and if i see an apple on the floor but am too busy to pick it up, it will bother me and distract me from what i am doing until it gets picked up. also, little things like perfection and cleanliness to a point where it is just frustrating because whenever i drop a small bit of rubbish i feel like i HAVE to pick it up right away. dont know if that has to do with bipolar or if its some type of OCD thing?)
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.
You may want to see a psychiatrist for these issues. The obsessive compulsive behavior does not have to be related to the mood swings as multiple disorders can exist simultaneously. The good news is - medication is effective in treating these and you can feel and act differently. A psychiatrist is the best choice because they can either confirm or rule out a disorder and offer medication. If you have insurance, you'd want to call them for an in network referral. If you do not, then you can just ask the physician if they treat bipolar spectrum and OCD type disorders. Later on, as the symptoms are managed and under control, you can think about counseling. But, first, the medication can offer faster results by correcting the brain chemistry that is causing you to feel or act a certain way.