psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I was in a long distance relationship for 2 1/2 yrs. We barely

Customer Question

I was in a long distance relationship for 2 1/2 yrs. We barely saw each other during this time but managed to stay together. he recently began to communicate less & ultimately we broke up. We continued to comunicate and the other day I asked him "if you want me to forget just say Yes, no other words will be necessary...i will understand. He answered we can be friends....see where it goes. I really don't understand what this means. Please help. I have decided not to get in touch for 2 or 3 weeks to give him time to miss me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like he is unsure about the relationship for whatever reason. He has not given up totally because he has said "see where it goes". I would not say it was wrong to tell him how you feel. You did what you thought was right and that is never a bad idea. He may reflect on this later so have faith. Also have patience. I would think positively and see where it goes. You can build on a relationship without giving up. So find ways to communicate with each other as regularly as possible and check in with him to see where his feelings are. I would just take a mental break and compose yourself so you can handle the issues he seems to be struggling with.
psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Let me give you some more information. I'm much older than him for starters. Recently he told me when we were talking about him getting a job in Fl. (he is now in Va) he said what really scared him is not being able to give me the life I had with my ex husband. That at times he is without a job for a couple of months between jobs and that i didn't love him enough to be poor. He also said that he knew my lifestyle and he knew mine. He said he wished I wasn't so high maintenance (always has said this) but, actually I'm not & have said it to him in many occassions. I have told him I would give up everything to be with him. This morning he texted me 2 times. I have not answered him yet. He is not use to me not texting him.....must be feeling a little of the rejection I have been feeling for the last few months
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.