psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I just realized that I lost my motivation for living. I dont

I just realized that I lost my motivation for living. I don't know how to get it back.

So I don't really know what I'm shooting for in life anymore. I tried jogging this morning and I basically stopped and asked myself what was the point in me doing this anymore? I'm an avid fitness guy, and since this week I stopped dieting and exercising and I'm a bit out of shape. I've been wanting to become a pro boxer, but this past week my motivation has gone way down for everything.

I lost my only job, school isn't going too well and I lost most my scholarship money, and I'm not in good relationship with my family right now, and I have a stupid paranoia concerning girls about how they that has made me avoid trying relationships with one that I can't get over. I don't even know why I'm in school right now and I've just started to question everything because with the degree I have I'll be making low pay even with a masters, although that's what I'm interested in. I want to stick to the major I originally had, but I'm so unsure of jobs and how I'll live after I finish that I don't know what to do. I don't really even want to wake up in the morning now and I don't know how to get back into it. I've spent the last week at home not even wanting to see anyone because of how pathetic I am right now. I haven't talked to anyone in a week and when I tried to talk to someone yesterday no words could come out. I look in the mirror and ask myself what happened to me.

I'm at the point that I don't want to go outside and I can't look anyone in the eyes, but my confidence before was actually pretty good.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

You may feel this way because that is the way you feel. There doesn't have to be a particular reason although you have many. You could be allowing your stressors to effect your confidence and your mood. When a mood is negative like yours it can lead to this spiraling down. You have your job and your other issues and these may be causing a situational depression. This can resolve itself when the problem goes away. But you have to find your first step towards being happy again. And trust that one stressor at a time will resolve itself. If you are this depressed you have to seek help for this. They can work on what is depressing you and how to help you with it. It is not okay to want to not be with others and to do the things you dream about. Find someone who can help you sort this out. If your depression is not situational as I said you can figure that out with a professional.

If this is helpful press accept

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have money for a psychologist. How do I find the first step towards being happy? I don't even want to go outside or look for a job anymore? I just want to stay inside but I know I can't do that.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

The computer is full of resources to read about situational depression by going online. With your time insight you can learn about yourself and what you are feeling. This is a chance to find out what is happening and dig yourself out of the hole you are building. You can learn about you on your own.

Going to bed but be back tomorrow

psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues