psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hi, my girlfriend of almost 2 years recently asked for a break

Hi, my girlfriend of almost 2 years recently asked for a "break" to sort out what she wants and where we going - this came out of the blue to me and took me by surprise (i though everything was going well in our relationship) and as a result really struggled to give her the time and space she wanted (due to status updates on blackberry and facebook which seemed to be "aimed at me) - which then led to us breaking up couple days ago!! is this the end or is there a way to win her back??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

She may be taking the break she asked for. Despite Facebook she may be reflecting on what aspects of the relationship make her unhappy and the changes she would like to see made. Just because she is taking this break doesn't mean it's over. I would give her some time. Whatever you feel is reasonable. Then contact her. I know it's hard but she may be thinking about the situation. Sometimes when there are problems in a relationship people go off to themselves and contemplate how to solve them in a way that salvages the relationship. The way to win her back is to approach her with an open invitation to come together on these problems and offer to really work on compromise on your end. There may be come problems that you aren't aware of or where the solution is something you have to do. Give her a few more days and send her a message saying you really want to compromise and can you talk. See what happens then.

If this is helpful press accept